If you wish to participate in the next European cohort of Buffalo State’s Graduate Certificate and Master Program in Creativity and Change Leadership, you’ll need to complete an application packet.

A completed application packet includes:

  1. A Letter of intent
    A letter of intent that describes your interest in the program: what made you decide to apply for the program? What do you hope to achieve obtaining this degree? How does it fit into your professional and personal life plans? This letter also serves as a sample of your writing skills.
  2. A brief biographical sketch
    A brief biographical sketch provides a summary of your accomplishments, areas of expertise and professional experience. One or two paragraphs will be sufficient. Five years professional experience is required to be considered for admission.
  3. 2 Letters of reference
    Enclose 2 completed reference recommendation forms. You can use the reference recommendation form that was added to your application kit.
  4. An application form
    You can use the application form that was added to your application kit.
  5. TOEFL results
    Applicants for whom English is a second language must submit a score of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) as documentation of English language proficiency.
    Applicants with a minimum TOEFL score of 550 or higher on the paper exam or 79 on the Internet exam may be considered for admission. Applicants with a TOEFL score of less than 550 on the paper exam or below 79 on the Internet exam, may be eligible for consideration after resubmission of the TOEFL with a sufficient score.
    Information on the TOEFL can be found at www.ets.org/toefl.
  6. Degree copies or degree evaluation
    To be considered for admission you must hold a baccalaureate degree from an institution that is accredited by an approved U.S. regional accrediting agency or a degree that is equivalent to a four-year bachelor’s degree in the United States. A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 (3.0 preferred) is required to be considered for admission.
  7. Students who have completed either a bachelor’s or master’s degree at an American college or university, need to send in official transcripts or certified true copies of their highest earned degree.
  8. All students who have completed a bachelor’s (or master) degree outside the United States need a degree evaluation. Applicants must submit official copies of all their postsecondary diploma(s)/transcripts to one of the following organizations to determine equivalency to a United States bachelor’s (or master) degree:
    World Education Services Inc.: www.wes.org or
    Josef Silny and Associates, Inc.: www.jsilny.com .

Sign up here to receive the application kit.